Activity: Bird Feeders
- I found these instructions online.
- Such a great tactile experience!
- If you don't have or can't easily find birdseed, there are lots of use-what-you-have-at-home recipes to be found online.
- Toilet paper roll
- Scissors and string
- Shallow bowl
- Why do you think we need the honey?
- Where should we hang the bird feeder so the birds can eat from it but the squirrels can't? And we can see it?
- How long do you think it will take for the birds to eat all the food? We have to keep checking every day so we know when it's time to make another bird feeder.
- 10-15 minutes to gather the materials and make the feeder
- Thereafter, ongoing
- Social-Emotional - teamwork, connecting with natural world, caring for animals
- Language - vocabulary, following step-by-step directions
- Cognitive - planning and problem solving
- Physical - fine motor planning, development of all five senses
Post a Comment