- Birds are busy building nests right now. Go on a walk and look for nests.
- Notice the different materials the birds use.
- Notice how big the nests are and how many birds and eggs fit inside.
- Say, Hey! I wonder if we could build a bird nest just like these birds!
- Pictures of birds and nests (find online)
- Paper (to shred)
- String, yarn, pipe cleaners, toothpicks, etc.
- Packing materials
- Small sticks, leaves (mud!)
- Small rocks to represent eggs, a small toy or stuffed animal to represent the bird
- Why do you think the birds chose those materials to build their nests?
- What materials do we need to build our nest?
- What shape should your nest be?
- I wonder why your nest fell apart.
- What would happen if . . .
- Is your nest strong enough to hold one egg (rock)? Two? Three? What about the mama bird? Let's test it out!
- 15-30 minutes
- Easy to revisit as the weeks go on and you notice more birds and nests in your neighborhood
Learned and Practiced
- Social-Emotional - connecting with nature, learning about families and relationships
- Language - using descriptive words
- Cognitive - learning more about animal habitats, problem solving, scientific inquiry, close observation, perseverance
- Physical - getting exercise, fine motor work
The Casino Resort app is now available on iPhoneReplyDelete
in the 군산 출장샵 sports betting and gaming category. The 논산 출장안마 app is available 안양 출장안마 in both Apple and Google 과천 출장마사지 Play versions on the 김해 출장마사지 App Store for iOS and